Proform Treadmill ; A Perfect Fitness Companion
Over 3 dozen treadmill brands and more than 250 models are floating in the market space. We will tell you why Proform treadmill is the best choice for you.
Ever wondered why Proform treadmill is most popular? In fact treadmills are most widely used exercising equipment worldwide. I am almost certain that you will not find a single gym without treadmills. Treadmill for human use was invented during 1952 by Dr Robert Bruce in Seattle together with his colleague Wayne Quinton. He used treadmill as a diagnostic tool for heart and lung condition.
The Benefits Of Using A Treadmill
Why would you use a treadmill and not just any other work out equipment? It is a fair question considering the numerous exercising solutions that you can choose from. I remember that I wondered myself about the same thing before I got my Proform treadmill. I found my answers in the benefits and advantages of using a treadmill:
- Even walking is an effective exercise when using a treadmill. Running is not imperative.
- The treadmill can be used to keep your heart healthy without putting a strain on it.
- Lungs will be healthier and breathing easier if you exercise regularly
- Treadmill exercise is a way to release stress and eliminate depression
- You will lose weight with less effort by simply working our regularly especially if you benefit from the weight loss programs of the Proform treadmill.
- You will sleep better and there are cases that even insomnia was cured
- Reduce insulin sensitivity in the muscles and thus diminish the symptoms of diabetes
What To Look For In A Treadmill
Treadmills are defined by a series of specific characteristics which are developed more or less by each manufacturer. The quality and the price of the product is therefore influenced by how advanced these attributes are. Here are the main and most important features that you should check in a Proform Treadmill:
- The engine of the treadmill keeps the belt running. It is the heart of the treadmill. It needs to supply enough power over a longer period of time. The more powerful the engine the longer you will be using the treadmill.
- Weight Capacity: we should not take for granted that a treadmill can support any weight. There is a maximum limit to it and it needs to be checked.
- The dimensions of the conveyor belt. The conveyor belt should be at least 17” wide and 51” long. The wider the belt is, the more comfortable you will feel when running. And the taller you are, the longer the belt should be.
- The treadmill frame can be made of aluminum or steel. Steel gives more stability but it can also rust or corrode. Aluminum is lighter and more expensive but there is no damaging risk.
- Cushioning is absorbing the force of your steps and it is extremely relevant when it comes to protecting your joints and ligaments. If they don’t hurt you will run more. The better the cushioning the longer you will exercise.
- The extra options such as heart rate monitoring, built-in workout programs, running track displays.
- The incline adjustment makes a workout more efficient. Most Proform treadmills offer at least 0-10% incline adjustment possibilities such as ProForm 590T but wider adjustments are also possible such as 0-12% (ProForm 980 CS) and even 0-15% (ProForm Performance 1450)
The Types Of Treadmills
Treadmills can be classified depending on different criteria such as the functioning system, the folding capacity, and the price range. As a result, a treadmill can be manual or mechanized depending on whether or not it needs an engine to drive the belt. It is also possible to have a treadmill that can be folded into a smaller shape and stored away. Again, as far as prices are concerned you can get budget priced, midrange priced and expensive treadmills.
What To Consider When You Buy A Treadmill
When you buy a treadmill you intend to use it certain conditions. These conditions influence the features of the treadmill and need to be analyzed before any purchase is made. Here are some examples:
- The maximum weight that you need the belt to withstand. In this situation you have to think about the heaviest person who will exercise on the belt. For example the Proform Power 995 has a 350 lb weight capacity which is really good. But the Proform treadmill can also suit smaller weight capacities if you require.
- The number of people that will probably work out on the treadmill is also very important because it has a direct influence on the average time that the treadmill will be functioning. It is very useful when you have to decide over the power of the engine. The 3.25 CHP Mach Z™ Commercial Pro Motor of the ProForm Power 1080 is a good example of a powerful engine tested to withstand long and continuous exploitation.
- How often you intend to use the treadmill is again one of the aspects that need to be taken into account. If you will use the treadmill together with your spouse, for example, then you should cumulate the time. Again that has a high impact on the type of engine and therefore on the price.
- The maximum speed that you wish your treadmill to achieve. If you don’t intend to run the marathon there is no need for top speeds. A Proform 505 CST or a ProForm Crosswalk 590 LT can provide with adjustable speeds between 0 and 12 MPH while ProForm 490 C can only adjust up to 10 MPH.
Extra Options Can Make It Easier For You
Typically whatever product we buy we look for details that make it different from the standard ones. This means that we look for extra options. In this particular case, certain options can make a treadmill incredibly friendly and determine you to work out more. Read on about some of them:
- The quality of the display makes the treadmill look cheap or not. You have to realize that you will see that monitor all the time as it is right in front of you. So if it looks really cheap or if it looks unclear you will see it with every step you take!
- The number of built in applications means that you will somehow reduce monotony and diversify your regular training sessions. It is so that the Proform Treadmill encourages you to continue exercising.
- The number of weight loss programs is a useful tool when you are working out towards burning fat.
- Heart rate monitor is an asset when you are considering intensive training. And if you are having second thoughts about cardio vascular training monitoring your pulse is definitely helpful.
- A compatible music port is really efficient especially that many of us tend to give up any type of exercise because of doing the same thing all over again.
- Cool Air workout fan is a touch of comfort that can help you persevere in your exercise (ProForm 6.0 ZT)
- Space saver design can be a necessity when you have floor space issues (ProForm 705 CST). The Proform treadmill offers a variety of choices in this situation.
In the crowded market of treadmills, Proform treadmill stands at the top of price performance pyramid. The vast range of models not only fit most budgets but meet the needs of a walker, jogger or one training for marathon. Continuing its tradition of quality and innovation Proform treadmill is a preferred choice of fitness enthusiasts.